Welcome to the home of the Trivia Crack League! If you received an invite and would like to learn more, you’ve come to the right place. My name is Joel Winbigler, and I go by @joel.winbigler on Trivia Crack.
This concept has been in my mind for a while, and I’ve been compiling a list of the best Trivia Crack players for several months. I want to give credit to Dante Golio and Matthew Gorter, who have put together some great daily groups. Being invited to join them finally pushed me to get this going. This league will build on what they do and provide a place for more than 30 players to compete against each other. I also want to provide a community of trivia players through an online forum. The general precepts of the league are as follows:
- I will be using similar terminology to major sports leagues, with conferences, divisions, playoffs, and so forth. My plan for Season 1 is to have 12 divisions in 2 conferences, ideally with 8 or 9 players in each division. The final numbers will depend on how much interest I get.
- There will be a series of intradivision and interdivision challenges with points awarded based on finishing rank. Unlike Matthew and Dante, I will have a small bonus for winning each challenge.
- At the end of the regular season, the 6 division winners in each conference will make the playoffs with a bye, along with 4 wild cards, who will play each other in the opening round. The 1-on-1 playoff matchups will be best of 3 with a best of 5 championship.
- I have some other ideas for future seasons, but I’m going to keep it somewhat simple to start. I’ve also thought about using the classic mode for a solely 1-on-1 league if people are interested, but we’ll see.
- I don’t intend to participate in Season 1, unless it’s needed to fill a hole. I will probably join later if everything goes well.
- I have a 2nd Trivia Crack account that I will use to facilitate all matchups (where I don’t care about my stats). I will take a zero in each official game, and the added bonus for everyone else is extra coins from a non-competing player.
- I will use the website as the primary way to show standings and stats. I will also use the forum. You don’t have to register on the forum to play, but I encourage it.
- The rules are pretty simple. Just play when you’re invited to a game and don’t cheat. We’ve all seen the glitch where you get to try all the questions a 2nd time. If it happens, be honest about it and we can either do a redo of the round, or if you know how you did the 1st time around, we can adjust the scores that way. Obviously, there’s no way for me to police this, so I’m just trusting the honor system to work. For those of you that hate cheating as much as I do, there are 3 well-known players I’m not inviting based on constant sub-25 second 12’s, even with some ambiguous questions thrown in. Breaking 30 occasionally is reasonable for many of the top players, but some of those guys are ridiculous. Hopefully, everyone here is in agreement and we won’t have any problems.
Alright, if you’ve read this far and want to join the league, please send an e-mail to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will not share your e-mail address with anyone else. When I use it to send out league communications, I will always use the BCC line so your e-mail remains private. Include your Trivia Crack ID (the one with the @ symbol) in your e-mail to me, and I will add you to the list.
Please also register on the forum if you’d like, although it’s not required. For your username, please include your ID without the @ symbol (i.e. I am joel.winbigler). This will make it easier for everyone to keep track of who’s who.